Autor Tema: First learning battle  (Leído 22109 veces)

Steve Martin

• Ver Perfil
Re: First learning battle
« Respuesta #30 en: Abril 10, 2008, 01:58:14 am »
Hi, new to the site and would love to learn the game.  Let me know what I have to do to sign up for a learning game.

Regards
Steve

Wishgamer

• ID. 62
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #31 en: Abril 10, 2008, 08:07:20 am »
Hey Steve!! Aren't you Steve from Blue Max?  ;)

What you need to do is to look for your ID number on the top left corner of your screen when you log in and see the menu to go to the forum, open battles, captain's ranking et all that stuff.

Hope you can do it easily. Would you need further assistance, just come back here and we will re-try  ;)

Welcome sir!
   Escuadra    Plus Ultra   

Wishgamer

• ID. 62
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #32 en: Abril 10, 2008, 08:09:29 am »
Ciao nprand, benvenuto, I show my greetings with the hope that wishgamer doesn't have to write them again ;).

Thanks so much Fluffy hehehe  ;) now that I'm here Welcome nprand
   Escuadra    Plus Ultra   

Munrox

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • Velmad
« Respuesta #33 en: Abril 10, 2008, 01:31:43 pm »
Well, I think we will begin the game this afternoon. There are already 8 players signed. I will add two veteran players (one to each side) so they can help you learning the game. This two players will give you advice in case of dangerous moves, help you not to collide, ... This way we'll have 10 total players.

The selected scenario will be the Mediterranean battle. It is a hypothetical battle of the same two fleet at the Nile battle but both sailing.

Now I'm giving you access to each fleet sub forum where players can talk all about the battle. In an official ladder battle players can only chat before the battle starts then they can only use the game flags or short messages.

Aaron

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #34 en: Abril 10, 2008, 06:46:24 pm »
Great! Where can we find the flag codes?
Velmad ID 182

Wishgamer

• ID. 62
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #35 en: Abril 10, 2008, 06:56:48 pm »
Hey Aaron, I'm certain there is a list inside the forum, but the one I know is in Spanish. Anyway, inside the game, when you have a ship, you'll find to the right of it a message link. Clicking on it, you'll be in a new screen where you can either send a message with flags, or a voice message to a near ship (closer than 150 m).

But to the start of things, we will be using the forum to comment tactics, moves, rules, firing effects, ammo,... and try to solve every doubt players might have... the best we can :) As far as I know it might be Munrox in one side, and myself to the other, so let me ask you all for some patience with my ability to explain things in English as I'm not used to the "sea vocabulary"  ;) I'll try my best and I'm confident we will have loads of fun
   Escuadra    Plus Ultra   

wulfe

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #36 en: Abril 10, 2008, 10:55:13 pm »
ok, I've saw my ships. wouldn't it have been better to give us a division instead of scattering us out? just a queation. now, what do we do?

Fluffy

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #37 en: Abril 10, 2008, 11:02:16 pm »
ok, I've saw my ships. wouldn't it have been better to give us a division instead of scattering us out? just a queation. now, what do we do?

We normally try to simulate that as a captain you cannot predict your forward and backward ships movements, scattering your ships works on this purpose.

Now you should select the orders fo each of your ships, and then click on the red button on the top right of the screen for each, this will set the status of the ship as ready, when the last player sets her ship ready a green arrow will appear for him, and after clicking all the ships will move adn another turn begins.

Wishgamer

• ID. 62
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #38 en: Abril 10, 2008, 11:28:36 pm »
Ok, wait a moment, lets be patient for the start of this battle... Munrox... I've seen the ship you gave me ::)... now in which SubForum am I supposed to be communicatin'g with the Captains of my side? I suppose it might be the French one... but I don't have access to it...If it is just that there is nothing yet ready then I will wait :)

Now I have the most difficult side to comment, and the biggest ship there...Something real new to me  :-[

Ok, lets try to have fun and learn a few things about Velmad...
   Escuadra    Plus Ultra   

Munrox

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • Velmad
« Respuesta #39 en: Abril 10, 2008, 11:33:23 pm »
Now all players have access to their fleet subforum.

Go out of International Forum to "Velmad: Batallas en el mar". Then you will see a new subforum under "international forum"

Wishgamer

• ID. 62
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #40 en: Abril 10, 2008, 11:38:48 pm »
Yeah! Just seen my access to the French Forum, and have a first post placed there for the Captains of the fleet to answer there and participate. Ideally all of us should be there. Thanks so much for your help, and patience. Remember we will need some as we have players all around the Globe in this battle  ;D

Good luck everyone and ABOVE ALL lets have some good fun  ;)

(Men, I will feel strange being in this boat firing to the English side)
   Escuadra    Plus Ultra   

Steve Martin

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #41 en: Abril 10, 2008, 11:53:27 pm »
Indeed I am Steve Martin from the Blue Max game and Tornade is watching over my shoulder to see what I think of this game.  If I like it then you can be sure she will be joining up as well.

ID number for me is 190

I did what I think might be my first move, though I am not exactly clear on how many ships I am supposed to be commanding.  Guess that's what the learning game is about   :D

Wishgamer

• ID. 62
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #42 en: Abril 10, 2008, 11:57:27 pm »
Hey Steve, that's COOL, give her a huge hug from Spain then. Let's see how well can we do down here this close to water. A good number of feet under what we are used to hehehehe... maybe not that lower than used LOL

First step to know: from now on go to the French Forum and to the thread I did start there. We will start discussing about all this thing to start getting things straight ;)
   Escuadra    Plus Ultra   

Munrox

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • Velmad
« Respuesta #43 en: Abril 11, 2008, 12:27:52 am »
English fleet: http://foro.spacegame.es/index.php?board=16.0

French fleet: http://foro.spacegame.es/index.php?board=17.0

Only the players on that side have access.
« Última modificación: Abril 11, 2008, 12:36:21 am por Munrox »

Wishgamer

• ID. 62
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #44 en: Abril 11, 2008, 12:32:30 am »
Thanks Munrox, good idea giving here the links. BTW I suppose this first turn should go longer than the usual 24 hours, shouldn't it?
   Escuadra    Plus Ultra