Autor Tema: Don't hesitate and ask about your Velmad doubts  (Leído 12532 veces)

Munrox

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • Velmad
Don't hesitate and ask about your Velmad doubts
« en: Abril 01, 2008, 12:30:26 am »
Don't hesitate and ask about any of your Velmad doubts. There are a great comunity of players and moderators that will help you.

If you have any problem with the traslation please ask here.

Aaron

• Ver Perfil
Re: Don't hesitate and ask about your Velmad doubts
« Respuesta #1 en: Abril 07, 2008, 08:09:49 pm »
Don't hesitate and ask about any of your Velmad doubts. There are a great comunity of players and moderators that will help you.

If you have any problem with the traslation please ask here.

Hi Munrox,

I read through the rules and did not find anything I could not figure out. I did have a few minor suggestions for clarity.

I would suggest changing "malus" to "penalty".

In a few placed you refer to a group of guns as a "band". If you mean the entire broadside I would suggest changing that to...broadside. If you have broadsides split into sections I would change it to "location" I think.

Thanks very much for the translation and the chance to play. It looks like great fun!

Aaron
Velmad ID 182

Munrox

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • Velmad
« Respuesta #2 en: Abril 07, 2008, 08:40:39 pm »
Aaron thanks for your corrections. If you find any other wrong expression let me know please.

CyJan

• Ver Perfil
    • Three Decks Naval History Wiki
« Respuesta #3 en: Abril 11, 2008, 11:34:41 pm »
Couple of questions.

The rules talk about 'lengths' (mostly to do with ranges, i.e. bar-shot is less effective above 7 lengths) how far is a 'length' as the game itself only seems to use meters?

Also, can you control your target? and if so how? (apart from rigging or hull) can you pick on one particular ship if more than one is in arc and range?

CyJan
If you have time to write it down, it isn't important!

Wishgamer

• ID. 62
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #4 en: Abril 11, 2008, 11:42:29 pm »
Hello CyJan. The length is the ships length from stern to bow (I'm certain you are aware of this but just in case other who reads it don't) and, in Velmad is about 75 meters if I don't remember it bad.

And yes, if there are more than one ship in your angle of fire you will find them surrounded by a red dotted square (if you have targets selected on the top left corner of the screen) and you just simply have to click on them to see with how many guns you can fire at. That is, if you can only use half the broadside, then only that half will appear in green and if you can use it whole then all will appear in green. Now you don't know what I'm talking about probably, but as soon as you watch it in your screen, you will find the sense of these words  ;) hopefully if they have any  ::)

Of course if you happen to find any of your targets are useful, then you shall click on the left side where this green hull will appear and it will vanish from the screen meaning it you'll not fire at that ship
   Escuadra    Plus Ultra   

Peon9

• ASG
  • ID. 53
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #5 en: Abril 12, 2008, 12:23:52 am »
Hi,

Only one point besides Wishgamer's words.

Make sure that Target's Option is acive in 'Yes' in order to see the target when your enemy were in range. In ony other case, you can't know if you can fire on you enemy!  ;)

'Options' are in the left margin and there you can choose the configuration of the game in your map screen. For example, it is often very usefull use the Zoom option to see all the scenario from "bird-eye".

I hope you enjoy with your partners, it is very easy and funny, you will see!  :)

Je,je... Wishgamer was my commodore in his first learning game as you now... and he has very intereseting facts to tell you!   ;) isn't it Wishgamer?  :D ... i'am thinking in HMS Alexander vs L'Heureux match ;D

Regards!

TV REGERE IMPERIO FLUCTUS, HISPANIA MEMENTO

Wishgamer

• ID. 62
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #6 en: Abril 12, 2008, 12:32:44 am »
Greetings my Admiral Peon9, let me tell you that I have already told about the option in that menu... look the brackets in my post :)

Thanks so much for your help my dear friend as not only is always appreciated, but also is really good and valuable help given with wisdom. Well, there are a few successes here that will be toughly forgotten in Velmad... but I just keep trying to learn more and to do it better. I don't seem to succeed often (if I do at anytime) but I keep trying. In fact I might be close to recover my Admiral's Ships in Kamperduin  ;)

Let's see how long can I stand up here maneuvering the monster-ship I have under my feet: L'Orient nonetheless :o
   Escuadra    Plus Ultra   

CyJan

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #7 en: Abril 14, 2008, 01:33:36 pm »
Question

when going into the ## info page for the battle, some ships are marked as 'Move' which are not mine. Are these ships thaht were not moved by their owner in the previous move?

Also

At what range can ships open fire and what is the angle of fire available.

Cyjan

Wishgamer

• ID. 62
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #8 en: Abril 14, 2008, 02:17:21 pm »
Hello CyJan,

To the first question: yes they are, and anyone in the same fleet could move them, although in this first battle I'd ask everyone not to do so and have some patience because we have accepted for this battle people from all around the world to learn the same game and a player might have not been able to move his ships in time. Obviously if this is one turn after another, Munrox will fix it for us maybe understanding that player is not interested anymore (it would be great if this happens to know why, and at least to know about it for the others players to not lose their time waiting for someone who will definitely don't move).

About ranges, it depends on ammo but for example, and if I'm not wrong, with round shot you can go for it from about 700 m, although recommendations from experience talk about 500 m aprox. Or far away but alternating a shot-no shot on every two turns to don't get your fatigue too high.

In regards of angles, I'd leave this to Munrox as I'm not certain about it myself :) although let me say it is one of things yet improving or in the "to-do list"  ;) as some particular positions yet give us some trouble
   Escuadra    Plus Ultra   

Munrox

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • Velmad
« Respuesta #9 en: Abril 14, 2008, 02:28:12 pm »
The maximum range is currently 750 m. The elevation angle is handled by the system. The horizontal angle is around 10 degrees but it is only noticeable when the target is far.

CyJan

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #10 en: Abril 14, 2008, 02:54:06 pm »
Ok, thanks for the prompt answers.

Zarby

• I'm a warrior. It's what I have to give.
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #11 en: Abril 16, 2008, 05:08:44 am »
Is there anyway I can see who is assigned to each ship? Also, Can the Sail choices be labeled? Right now the is only 3 or 4 unlabeled radial buttons.
Since space-time is bent, infinity eventually returns to where it started.

~~~~~~~
{I.D. 191}
~~~~~~~

Puesto que el espacio-tiempo está curvado, el infinito vuelve finalmente a donde comenzó

Wishgamer

• ID. 62
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #12 en: Abril 16, 2008, 08:08:52 am »
Hello Zarby,

To the first I must say no. Actually there is no way to know who is in which ship. In these learning battles we use to know where is each other just to know who to talk as we can freely speak about the game in our forum. But in "normal" battles we don't know who is out there  ;)

In regards of sailing buttons... if you leave the mouse pointer over them you can easily read the amount of sail you're chosing. Hope this helps. Although it might be a good idea to have it directly labeled under them  ::) ;)
   Escuadra    Plus Ultra   

Zarby

• I'm a warrior. It's what I have to give.
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #13 en: Abril 22, 2008, 05:54:14 am »
I wasn't online this weekend so someone else moved my ships. When I returned to put in orders I ran into difficulties.

I had to first click on the name of the ship. Then I had to do a rudder input. Then I had to back out without finalizing my orders, because that button wasn't available. Then I had to click on the ship name again. Input my orders again and then I could finalize it.

This was difficult to figure out. Is there something wrong with the flow chart that the finalize button wasn't available the first time?
Since space-time is bent, infinity eventually returns to where it started.

~~~~~~~
{I.D. 191}
~~~~~~~

Puesto que el espacio-tiempo está curvado, el infinito vuelve finalmente a donde comenzó

Fluffy

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #14 en: Abril 22, 2008, 07:08:44 am »
You are right Zarby, when that happens best you can do is 'refresh' instead of going back, the button will then appear. I wonder why munrox didn't fix it yet, we just learnt to live with it.