Autor Tema: Libro de señales  (Leído 46538 veces)

Munrox

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • Velmad
Re: Libro de señales
« Respuesta #180 en: Octubre 22, 2009, 10:31:52 pm »
Yo la que sí hecho de menos es la de “YO”

Enviándote el mensaje a ti mismo.

Peon9

• ASG
  • ID. 53
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #181 en: Octubre 22, 2009, 10:37:11 pm »
Por cierto, ¿Donde viene el id de los barcos?
Y ya puestos, ¿que significan los números de la columna a la derecha del Tipo en la pantalla de info (entre el tipo de buque y calidad de la tripulación)?

A lo de indicar lo que uno va a hacer, ya te ha respondido Mx  ;)

La id de los barcos antes se hacía correlativamente, pero ya se ha implementado el listarlos inequivocamente para cada escenario según figuran en la BB de Escenarios del Menú principal de Velmad. Echale un vistazo y verás que buena pinta tiene  ;)

Para batallas al margen de Escenarios de la BB se puede usar el orden en el que aparezcan listados en el Menu de Info de la batalla pues se mantendrá constante mientras dure ésta  :)

Los números que dices son la potencia de fuego máxima del barco  :o. Ese mismo valor lo tienes detallado para los barcos de tu bando en el Menú de Flota, como la suma además de la potencia de cada banda, babor+estribor en función de las piezas servibles que el barco aún conserva  ;)

TV REGERE IMPERIO FLUCTUS, HISPANIA MEMENTO

Mike Sholo

• Id. 627
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #182 en: Octubre 22, 2009, 11:02:10 pm »
Yo la que sí hecho de menos es la de “YO”

Enviándote el mensaje a ti mismo.

:o  Gracias   ::)
     -Id. 627-

Fluffy

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #183 en: Diciembre 09, 2009, 11:16:14 am »
Creo que debería haber una bandera nueva con un filete dibujado.

El significado es obvio: Haced lo que os salga de los webos que yo estoy comiendo mi filete.

Mike Sholo

• Id. 627
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #184 en: Diciembre 09, 2009, 12:09:11 pm »
 :D :D :D

Yo lo del filete no lo veo claro. Con el zoom puesto, lo mismo la calidad se resiente y no aparecería como tal. Voto por dos grandes huevos de avestruz, uno encima del otro  :D

-Id. 627-

edward pellew

• British fleet
  • id: 251
    • Ver Perfil
Re: Signal flags in english
« Respuesta #185 en: Enero 21, 2010, 05:54:21 pm »
I am trying to make a signal flag key that will help players read messages easier.

What I am doing differently is putting the multi-flag "words" into the regular 25 flag list where they would normal be, instead of having them in a seperate list.

The better signal officers are invited to review 2 pages to see if there are mistakes and that I included all the multiple flag signals.
« Última modificación: Enero 22, 2010, 08:50:33 am por Captain Espresso »
the rain in Spain falls mainly from the sky

centipetus

• [C] Portugal
  • Id 10 - Bravo Zulú-
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #186 en: Enero 21, 2010, 06:28:11 pm »
I did mine too, but I believe that is not allowed.
"Nunc est bibendum".

Mike Sholo

• Id. 627
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #187 en: Enero 21, 2010, 08:33:58 pm »
It is a nice initiative, and I cannot see the reason to be not allowed. But, yes I have noticed some differences with the official manual, which I shall detail:

It is very difficult to me explain this in english language, but I will try  ;)

Even agreeing with the rules that you use (and which could even be taken as official), there are meanings that we do not use actually.

1º.- #5+#6 currently has no sense. For us, would be Ahead+Anchor, or Affirmative+Negative, leaving the message meaningless. It's a good combination of flags to indicate "No Sails" but currently we do not use it (although I like).

2.- The same goes, of course, with the other combinations of #5. Actually it is used #5+#7 or #5+#5+#7 to indicate an acceleration in one or two "sail points",  and #5+#8 and #5+#8+#8 to reduce it, even to stop (if it was at Medium Sail).

3.- You forgot the second meaning of the #6, which is Anchor.

4.- "I do not understand the message", as I suppose you know, it is indicated with flag #6 five times. Although it may be shortened, officially the right message would be with 5 flags. In fact, in other post  people spoke about that #6+#6 and even +#6 again would be interpreted like: "Message received, but I DO NOT obey it"   ::)

5.- #9+#9+#9 Don't exist,  but I like it (England expects that every man...;)

6.- #14+#9? Has there been a bug and you wanted to show #9+#9, which is officially stated to regroup?

7.- #20+#20+#20 has a wider meaning, I think: Attack at will and/or move as you wish. Freedom to fight.

There are many things I like about this initiative. The problem is that we all should use the same signals code, or at least know wich we are using at any time. If not, the battles will become a mess   ;)

I am not an experienced Captain, so I could be mistaken  :D

-Id. 627-

edward pellew

• British fleet
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #188 en: Enero 21, 2010, 10:55:53 pm »
major edit:

There are 45 signals listed, 40 come straight from Wishgamers Signal QUICK REFERENCE so only 5 of them are mine and 2 of those are  ;D (sort of)  ;)

I want to iterate that this is not suppose to be a collection of new & interesting signals, but a help to players that have trouble reading messages to decipher them. I think the first response most newer players is to translate flag by flag and go with the first thing that makes sense to them. That is because the double & triple flag words are listed separately and a new player don't recognise what they are, so I put them right next to where they would fall by their 1st flag.

1) <<I'm a bit confused about regroup one.>>

Do you mean #14 blue (Center) + 9red?
That is from page 8 of his .pdf and confuses me too.

Perhaps using  #9 red diamond (all) & #8 red/wht squares (closed),   would make more sense for the idea of regroup.

2) yes, #19 blu/yel triangle used as (follow) makes sense, I'll add that defintionl.

to be continued.

« Última modificación: Enero 22, 2010, 07:01:23 am por Captain Espresso »

Munrox

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • Velmad
« Respuesta #189 en: Enero 21, 2010, 11:42:36 pm »
I think all signals are right. They are official and unofficial (but used or generally proposed) flag messages.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused about regroup one. I also use flag #19 to order a division to follow another one: #14 #19 #15, vanguard follow center (in line of battle formation). It can be used to issue that order to an individual ship or to order a division to follow a single ship.

Mendo

• ASG
  • ID. 326 - Brigadier
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #190 en: Enero 21, 2010, 11:59:44 pm »
I use #5 #8 #8  or just #8 #8 as "Hove to"  (en facha) , check that #22 #22  means also protect prices.

Moreover, #25 #25 #25 can be used as "you're marked for court" , or "damned idiot   >:(" , as the black flag suggests.
« Última modificación: Enero 22, 2010, 12:01:28 am por MENDO »
ESCUADRA  ELCANO
"El exilio es una horrible enfermedad (...) más aún si es fruto de la injusticia." - "Malaspina abrió nuevas vías al conocimiento humano (...) yo procuré sin descanso el bienestar de mi patria. Y ambos compartimos similar destino."  (Jovellanos)

edward pellew

• British fleet
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #191 en: Enero 22, 2010, 07:43:52 am »
Mike, thanks for the detailed response.

I will just repeat that few of these signals are "mine" almost all are straight from the manual.

1) there are some flags with multiple meanings that work well because they are completely different ideas, and there are some flags where which definition is wanted is not always clear. That is why I would like to a) add additional flags or b) go to a different system like a simplified Pophams.

2) see above

3) yes, I left anchor out because I have never anchored in 1 1/2 years, but I can put it back iif it makes you happy :)

4) that's correct, all messages should be answerd with either
yes, no, dont understand.

Being hopelessly creative I changed NO, to (unable to obey orders) as that is more suitable for the military  ;D
As far as 5 x #6 = WTF, instead of 3 which I used...
I'm sorry, I just find 5 flags to say one word is silly, over the top, excessive, someone else might say dumb; but not me.

5) yes, #9 all x 3 for a salute, is one of mine for a purpose; some people use #5 affirmative- which makes sense but that flag is already way overused.
I use #9 in the sense of "all of us applaud you" & "all for 1 and 1 for all"

6) already answered

7) Attack x3, I'm just using what the manual says.

<<we all should use the same signals code, or at least know wich we are using at any time. If not, the battles will become a mess>>   

Can't argue with that, which is why I basically am using the manual here, just putting it in a different order to help decipher messages faster & more accurately.

I would dearly like to do a review/ improvement on our signal system. I like to analyse systems and also am big on intuitive and consistent, but I hesitate to do it on my own in case it were not accepted afterwards. Many people know the old system almost to memory and may not wish to learn a new one, even if it is more consistent, less confusing, and would have cool new flags.  :D

Fluffy

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #192 en: Febrero 16, 2010, 10:13:30 pm »
¿cómo demonios se hacía para preguntar?

Mike Sholo

• Id. 627
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #193 en: Febrero 16, 2010, 10:29:30 pm »
¿cómo demonios se hacía para preguntar?

Bandera negra (#25) al inicio del mensaje (y de la pregunta), como si fuera "¿"   ;)
Ya que si es en medio, indica número.
     -Id. 627-

sajami

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #194 en: Marzo 10, 2010, 09:59:17 pm »
yo no soy capaz de ver las banderas...