Autor Tema: English Speaking Officers  (Leído 9475 veces)

Steve Martin

• Ver Perfil
English Speaking Officers
« en: Junio 28, 2010, 04:11:14 pm »
We are currently trying to set up a pool of English speaking officers for upcoming battles.  Hopefully such an action will help to stimulate the "International" nature of this website by bringing in and retaining more players from other parts of the world.

If you are comfortable in the English language then please reply to this thread so that you can be added to the pool.

so...as of June 30, 2010

so far we have...
1.  Steve Martin...English with a capable understanding of French and recognition of Spanish...ah yes...that's Spanish...i recognize it
2.  Tinvalle...who i imagine is Spanish but indicates an understanding of English also
3.  Peon 9...another Don who no doubt spent time aboard an English prison hulk and has picked up a decent understanding of the King's English
4.  Pepcock...a non native speaker of English, indicating he is bilingual...i imagine the second language must be Spanish
5.  Mendo...an English speaker who indicates he has a wonderful Indian accent
6.  Mingonomou...ok that name is definitely native by the sound of it...but speaks English albeit with a
Spanish accent
7.  Stieli1...no doubt from the King's German Legion...speaks English with a German accent
8.  Raimon...and another will sail for His Majesty
9.  CaptainDuff...able to understand and speak fairly well in English
10. Sstolk1...fluent in English as well

thus now we have a pool of ten (10) captains all capable of communicating in English
« Última modificación: Julio 20, 2010, 05:55:38 pm por Steve Martin »

tinvalle

• British fleet
  • - id 374 -
    • Ver Perfil
Re: English Speaking Officers
« Respuesta #1 en: Junio 28, 2010, 05:06:08 pm »
I'd enough skill in english to be understood.
"MERDE!!". (Waterloo, 1815)

Peon9

• ASG
  • ID. 53
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #2 en: Junio 28, 2010, 08:00:05 pm »
My english is not perfect yet  :P

... buy i like improve it using it when it is possible.

So i could help in linking spanish-english captains or what else was required...  ::)

I think is a good idea to collect english speakers in one battle side in order to help them to understand and participate more in the batte orders previous to the combat and in the comments during and after it.

I also think it is a true luxury to count with english speakers players in Velmad games  :-* , so all i can help to them  ::) , take me in account if it is in my hand  ;)

Best regards

TV REGERE IMPERIO FLUCTUS, HISPANIA MEMENTO

Pepcock

• ASG
  • ID: 642
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #3 en: Junio 28, 2010, 10:19:43 pm »
You may count on me. I must practice my english or either I will forget it.

Steve. May I ask you to update your entry with the names of the captains and either if they are bilingual or not? That would help much. Thanks.

Munrox. What do you think about locking the thread?

Well.......we are three at the moment, but I know we will be many more  :D.

Pepcock------Bilingual.
ME ENCANTA QUE LOS PLANES SALGAN BIEN /// I love when the plan comes together --Hannibal Smith (The -A- Team)--
HE FABRICADO UN "LÁSER" Dr. Maligno

Mendo

• ASG
  • ID. 326 - Brigadier
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #4 en: Junio 28, 2010, 11:38:24 pm »
I served his majesty King George in the East Indies for a couple of years, 100% sure. You can count on me, definitely, despite my strong Indian accent   :D :D
ESCUADRA  ELCANO
"El exilio es una horrible enfermedad (...) más aún si es fruto de la injusticia." - "Malaspina abrió nuevas vías al conocimiento humano (...) yo procuré sin descanso el bienestar de mi patria. Y ambos compartimos similar destino."  (Jovellanos)

Mingonomou

• ASG
  • Id 196
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #5 en: Junio 28, 2010, 11:42:56 pm »
I speak english... with a funny and charming spanish accent   ;D ;)

"En un día de combate, no está en su puesto el capitán que no está en el fuego" - Real Ordenanza -

stieli1

• British fleet
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #6 en: Junio 29, 2010, 09:38:23 pm »
If you don't mind a German accent, "beam me up, ehh, sign me in, Scotty". too....

Steve Martin

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #7 en: Junio 29, 2010, 10:16:27 pm »
accents can be as outrageous as you like...

i will update the thread periodically with a listing of captains who have indicated a proficiency in English
and will indicate if they are bilingual or no

so far we have...
1.  Steve Martin...English with a capable understanding of French and recognition of Spanish...ah yes...that's Spanish...i recognize it
2.  Tinvalle...who i imagine is Spanish but indicates an understanding of English also
3.  Peon 9...another Don who no doubt spent time aboard an English prison hulk and has picked up a decent understanding of the King's English
4.  Pepcock...a non native speaker of English, indicating he is bilingual...i imagine the second language must be Spanish
5.  Mendo...an English speaker who indicates he has a wonderful Indian accent
6.  Mingonomou...ok that name is definitely native by the sound of it...but speaks English albeit with a
Spanish accent
7.  Stieli1...no doubt from the King's German Legion...speaks English with a German accent

thus now we have a pool of seven (7) captains all capable of communicating in English

Pepcock

• ASG
  • ID: 642
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #8 en: Junio 29, 2010, 10:36:55 pm »
Thanks, Steve. That's the way...

Just a question. It would be easier to track if you just select "modify" in your original post. That way it would be always at the top of the thread.

Seven members in two days. That is a great goal.

Thanks to Munrox for locking the thread. He is everywhere.

4.  Pepcock...a non native speaker of English, indicating he is bilingual...i imagine the second language must be Spanish

Well, Catalan too, and French just understood most of it. About German.... I have promised myself to take up again my third year. That day, Stieli1 and me will form the first German-speaking fleet  ;D ;D ;D
« Última modificación: Junio 29, 2010, 10:43:03 pm por Pepcock »
ME ENCANTA QUE LOS PLANES SALGAN BIEN /// I love when the plan comes together --Hannibal Smith (The -A- Team)--
HE FABRICADO UN "LÁSER" Dr. Maligno

Raimon

• French fleet
  • Id: 523 - De Vliegende Hollander
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #9 en: Junio 30, 2010, 07:51:26 pm »
Hi folks.

Being sort of multilingual myself (tho' without knowing a teeny little bit of German, Pepcock has me here  ;)), I could enrol in this KEL (King's English-speaking Legion).

So, Steve, count me in. It's a pity to leave you out and I'd be glad to help.

The KGL, ah the memories!  :D

Raimon

capitanduff

• id 665
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #10 en: Julio 10, 2010, 10:04:13 pm »
Hi guys!

My English is not perfect but I think that I understand most post and I explain more or less in a basic English

"Ve y dile a tu Rey que lo mismo le haré si a lo mismo se atreve" -Julio León Fandiño-

sstok1

• loup de mer
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #11 en: Julio 17, 2010, 01:53:53 am »
Hi Steve,

I am recently returned to velmad after a long break away from the game.  I'd be happy to join the group if you'll have me.

All you multi lingual folks have my most sincere admiration.  English is my only language, though I am picking up a few Spanish phrases having worked for a Spanish company for the last 5 years  ;D

Simon

EDB

• British fleet
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #12 en: Julio 28, 2010, 08:02:56 pm »
Steve:

I am still here also. Native English speaker. Alas, no Spanish other than Google translator!

Eric
Eric
ID#315

Steve Martin

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #13 en: Julio 30, 2010, 06:48:50 pm »
welcome aboard EDB

stieli1

• British fleet
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #14 en: Agosto 03, 2010, 04:19:53 pm »
Re "Google Spanish translator". Does that thing work for english speaking guys. For me the German translation is as good as my own spanish. Which is not too impressive. It is kind of a latin language, I catch a few words here and there and the rest I make up....