Autor Tema: English Speaking Officers  (Leído 7771 veces)

Munrox

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • Velmad
Re: English Speaking Officers
« Respuesta #30 en: Diciembre 18, 2010, 02:16:32 am »
One of my goals is to make the international forum "come back to life". Well, I think last year we were talking about this same issue  :( (We need to make a new promotion campaign.)

During these last months I found no time to translate improvements and modifications into English, so you are right, english speakers are at a disadvantage here. Before that, I always translated all improvements the same day I posted on the spanish forum (or the day after that).

Now that we have the wiki I pretend to rely on others players (volunteers) to develop documents, translations, ..., the same way I rely on players to create new scenarios, campaigns, battles, ... I have no time to do all the work if I want to start new projects.

edward pellew

• British fleet
  • id: 251
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #31 en: Diciembre 18, 2010, 03:48:50 pm »
I well understand the situation.

I am not criticizing, as I don't understand how you have time to sleep now :)
That is, I'm not criticizing about this, of course you know I criticize about other issues where you foolishly disagree with me.  jejejeje

I am just stating the situation which is, as it is:

1) sometimes the translation still needs to be "translated more" to be clear

2) sometimes it needs to  be explainned, so that a player that wasn't in the discussion of why a change was needed, will understand what the difference is supppose to be helping.

3)either way, the changes are not in the R&R, but a seperate document makes it harder for the new player to understand; Sometimes in order to understand a change, you have to look up the old rule, then figure out how the new rule changes the old one. It's more complicated. And I know the Wiki is suppose to help there, but it will take some time (maybe a long time) before a lot of players learn how to use it and are willing to take extrra time to do that.

I know you do the best you can, but part of the discussion is about why the Inter. F is doing so poorly. Even Bill Gates is having difficulty stopping disease amoung children. ;)

the rain in Spain falls mainly from the sky

Munrox

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • Velmad
« Respuesta #32 en: Diciembre 18, 2010, 03:54:56 pm »
of course you know I criticize about other issues where you foolishly disagree with me.  jejejeje

Well, don't worry, you know I also have to deal with Lomax in the spanish forum   ;D

I agree with your 3 points. Suggestions?

centipetus

• [C] Portugal
  • Id 10 - Bravo Zulú-
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #33 en: Diciembre 18, 2010, 09:06:50 pm »
"Nunc est bibendum".

Munrox

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • Velmad
« Respuesta #34 en: Diciembre 18, 2010, 09:50:54 pm »
I'm trying to do it (battle 653)  ;D

edward pellew

• British fleet
  • id: 251
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #35 en: Diciembre 21, 2010, 06:57:18 pm »
Centipedus

You are on a warm, white, sandy beach sitting in a surprisingly comfortable lounge chair; the sky is blue with a few small clouds high up, but there is a cooling breeze that wafts the scent of tropical flowers, while the warm sun relaxes your muscles. Beside you is a bottle of cool water and in a small bucket are several bottles of ice cold beer.

Walking down the beach talking earnestly to a young woman is a man, which you realize is Lomax. Your body tenses, your teeth clinch, you are about to shout some insult at him, but you stop yourself. The sun is warm, you take a deep breath and let it out quickly feeling your body relax again. You say nothing, then your remember your exercise. They are walking down by the water, and as he is about to pass, when you give him an easy salute. He sees the salute, stops talking, and realizes who you are. After a brief hesitation his hand slowly rises to his brow, then he continues walks down the beach with the woman.

You reach into the bucket of ice, pull out a bottle for another long drink and settle back into your chair wondering what you will order for dinner.

the rain in Spain falls mainly from the sky

centipetus

• [C] Portugal
  • Id 10 - Bravo Zulú-
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #36 en: Diciembre 23, 2010, 10:29:13 pm »
A bottle of cold water? What for? Is it mine? Must be the sun... probably need another beer.

I'm not sure about dinner... lobster again? naah... Yes! I know her! She is Edward's sister! Mmm... beautiful fresh flesh... mmmm... Stop! She belongs to a friend of mine. Fluffy, my friend! You wouldn't like my feelings... sorry!

But... what is that creeping worm doing with her? Trying to ...? Naah, everyone knows he is gay.
Could it be a step to reach Edward? Or Fluffy? Gee, nasty... Yes, I'm absolutely sure.

Ha! They must be back here in minutes. "We will run only ten miles today", I was told. Yes, minutes...
Hummm... I'd like a wrestling on the beach... but there is Mx, and that sort of lifeguard would not allow...

Mmm... a steak? French fries?
"Nunc est bibendum".

alce

• Ver Perfil
Re:English Speaking Officers
« Respuesta #37 en: Marzo 08, 2013, 02:04:21 pm »
Hello there!
i dont know if this request  is still active but I volunteer.

Born spanish but got the fortune (or torture) of sharing appartment with a scottish long enough !

count on me!
God of de duivel... de Kaap vaar ik om, al moet ik varen tot het laatste oordeel!!!