Autor Tema: Somewhere to discuss about flag's handbook  (Leído 10193 veces)

Peon9

• ASG
  • ID. 53
    • Ver Perfil
Re: Somewhere to discuss about flag's handbook
« Respuesta #30 en: Enero 22, 2009, 09:26:29 pm »
Ok, let's see  :P

Usually this type of signal refers to the entire Division.

If you see the meanings of the three Division Flags, there is another with says "head, ensign and tail". In this way with the #15 it is also possible referring to the flagship friend of foe but only knowing by the context  ;) . In the other two cases it could be understood by the context too but for telling head or tail of something...  ::)

Anyway, the Rear Admirals of V and R are in their Divisions and if you signal "attack + #16" you almost say the same becuse he is inside his division  ;) .

But, the more important role is the Admiral and his Flagship so, it is better to have an special meaning to refer to him, and that is the second of #15  ;)   

TV REGERE IMPERIO FLUCTUS, HISPANIA MEMENTO

edward pellew

• British fleet
  • id: 251
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #31 en: Enero 22, 2009, 09:43:41 pm »
There are confusing specifics about where my ship is and the adm. being slightly seperated from his division, but that gets into details of a specific battle. 
But thank you anyhow.

And now for something completely different--

It seemeth most wonderous queer that we Engliish would posses not an emblem of good cheer and hearty celebration. Therefore, your humble servant did, with reverent contemplation, command my maids to produce in heated haste, yet still cunningly wrought, a signal banner, proclaiming 3 cheers for English tars:

#9            #9           #9
HUZZAH!    HUZZAH!  HUZZAH!

« Última modificación: Enero 26, 2009, 04:01:33 pm por Edward Pellew, Captain »
the rain in Spain falls mainly from the sky

Mendo

• ASG
  • ID. 326 - Brigadier
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #32 en: Enero 30, 2009, 04:57:29 pm »
What's the context: was it for yourself only or for the div / fleet?
It could also be... ALL - (follow) numbers 1 & 9   ???
ESCUADRA  ELCANO
"El exilio es una horrible enfermedad (...) más aún si es fruto de la injusticia." - "Malaspina abrió nuevas vías al conocimiento humano (...) yo procuré sin descanso el bienestar de mi patria. Y ambos compartimos similar destino."  (Jovellanos)

edward pellew

• British fleet
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #33 en: Enero 31, 2009, 02:47:02 am »
As to that, I'll have to have a ruling on 2 numbers.
I assume you need another 25 flag
(#9  #25  #1   #25   #9)

Wishgamer

• ID. 62
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #34 en: Febrero 07, 2009, 11:07:57 am »
Hello my friend, ok it seems I'm now free again (or almost) and this should mean that I'll be gradually back to work. Could you please be so kind to ellaborate why is the need of two #25 flags? Does it mean to difference between numbers this and that and....
   Escuadra    Plus Ultra   

edward pellew

• British fleet
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #35 en: Febrero 07, 2009, 01:58:32 pm »
ah, the master flagger is back.

Well, that is not my message, it was sent to me.
1. It is old now, but I'm trying to figure out what it was saying.

ANYONE WHO CAN HELP
this is a signal sent to me; I don't understand what it said.

(#9                         #25         #1          #25                   #9)

all together            allies      port         and                  jump up & down
simultaneous       number    1          and number     25

2. this is a new one from my admiral. I told him I don't understand & he repeated it again this turn

22-         10-     25-                 4          10

support- north-  number-       4   &      10         

support- north-  number-        4-           north

support- north-  and                wear       north

I do not know what it means, maybe it is in spanish, yes?

« Última modificación: Febrero 07, 2009, 07:04:28 pm por Edward Pellew, Captain »

Mendo

• ASG
  • ID. 326 - Brigadier
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #36 en: Febrero 07, 2009, 10:23:00 pm »
For the 2nd, I guess (I'm quite certain, actually  ;) ) he means:
22-         10-     25-         4        10
support- north-  number-   4   &   10   = numbers 4 & 10 should support (someone) to the North.
otherwise it could be: (you) support at/to the North to the numbers 4 & 10, just check if ships 4 & 10 are at the North or where are they.

For the numbers, unless other comments in the forum previous to the battle, usually they are the order list in the "report" / "fleet" screen.
« Última modificación: Febrero 07, 2009, 10:25:29 pm por MENDO »
ESCUADRA  ELCANO
"El exilio es una horrible enfermedad (...) más aún si es fruto de la injusticia." - "Malaspina abrió nuevas vías al conocimiento humano (...) yo procuré sin descanso el bienestar de mi patria. Y ambos compartimos similar destino."  (Jovellanos)

edward pellew

• British fleet
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #37 en: Febrero 08, 2009, 12:04:22 am »
Support in just the right places

support-    north-  number-   4   &   10 

ok, the fleet page list. Two small problems, there is nothing N. of me and to the NE, I do not see those two ships.

I see them now, they are right beside me, how... ?
Ok comrade, I understand now, but I don't think you said what you want. I think what you said was (Pellew go north where #4 and #10 are and support them)

I think what you actually want is, Pellew + 4  + 10 all go North (NE) and support (you? or each other)

I don't think it is possible to say that in 5 flags !@#$$
You could do it in two messages, but then we could raise the flag limit to 8-10 flags.

« Última modificación: Febrero 08, 2009, 06:19:19 am por Edward Pellew, Captain »

Mendo

• ASG
  • ID. 326 - Brigadier
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #38 en: Febrero 08, 2009, 12:15:10 am »
In the flags "window", when you move the mouse around the ship, there should be written the name of the ship to whom the flags are addressed, if you are not that, or numbers 4 or 10, then you are just a witness, and the order is not for you  :)
ESCUADRA  ELCANO

Peon9

• ASG
  • ID. 53
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #39 en: Febrero 08, 2009, 07:53:52 am »
 :D

My dear Pellew:D

Yes, i saw from my ship the flags send to HMS Brunswick and thought "poof fellow, may doesn't understand them"  :-\

Ok, i will try to help a bit...

That message means that "HMS Brunswick supports to the North" (flags 22 and 10) and now is the difficulty  ;) . Flag #25 used there means that the flags after it are numbers not signal so the meaning is that HMS Brusnwick must try to support ships with numbers 4 and 10  ;) .

Literally that is the meaning. But well, i looked for that ships when i saw your message from my ship and actually i could be a mistake in the sender because that ships don't seem in the North or in need of help.

So if i were you, i answer the sender with the flag combination of the code to say "i don't understand", that is: Five flags of #5  ;)

Don't worry, often the problem could be also in the sender not only in the receiver!  ;)

TV REGERE IMPERIO FLUCTUS, HISPANIA MEMENTO

Wishgamer

• ID. 62
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #40 en: Febrero 08, 2009, 12:05:50 pm »
Hello my friend Pellew... Well, for sure I don't get the point of your first message hehehehe, although the sender sure did have an idea put in it LOL

The second should be understood always as YOU (the receiver of this message) should support ships number 4 and 10 to the North. What's the main problem? The main problem is that prior to EVERY battle there should be a NOTE saying EVERYONE which will be the ship's numeration. Because there are guys who use the Fleet's screen, others who use the Info Screen, and then those who assign numbers on the Line's Order... so if this is not clear, numbers 4 and 10 can be any of up to 6 different ships. Go figure which! ;)
   Escuadra    Plus Ultra   

edward pellew

• British fleet
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #41 en: Febrero 08, 2009, 04:58:36 pm »
Gracias señores, el mundo de las señales puede ser difícil.

Now that we have that settled, it is time to start putting our messages in secret code, to make them harder to read.   :P :D :D
« Última modificación: Febrero 08, 2009, 05:47:48 pm por Edward Pellew, Captain »

edward pellew

• British fleet
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #42 en: Octubre 30, 2009, 07:37:46 pm »
Wishgamer:

When I left in the summer, Munrox had mentioned in 2 posts that he was finally willing to allow changes to the flag system (because so many new words were being added anyway with combination flags); specifically adding some new flags & increasing the number of flags for each message hoist to... was it 8 or 10 words.

1) Is anyone working on a proposal for making these changes in an organized method
2) are changes made as the lightning strikes
3) is nothing being done

Fluffy

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #43 en: Octubre 30, 2009, 07:59:06 pm »

edward pellew

• British fleet
    • Ver Perfil